St. Louis, Mo., April 5, 2018 – Senior Jason Haugen notched a pair of victories to become the 19thmember of the 100-win club as the No. 10-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team posted an 8-1 win over NAIA Lindenwood-Belleville Thursday afternoon at Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
WashU improved to 9-6 with the win, while Lindenwood-Belleville lost its third-straight match and dropped to 7-5.
1. #12 Jason Haugen/Konrad Kozlowski (WASHUM) def. H Callirgos Cespedes/Juan Pablo Herrera (LUB) 8-3
2. Radha Vishnubhotla/Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. D. Sanchez Felipe/Lucas Roman (LUB) 8-2
3. Johnny Wu/Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) def. Gustavo Furukawa/F. Retamal Diaz (LUB) 8-2
1. Johnny Wu (WASHUM) def. Juan Pablo Herrera (LUB) 6-3, 6-0
2. Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. H Callirgos Cespedes (LUB) 6-2, 6-0
3. Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) def. F. Retamal Diaz (LUB) 6-3, 6-4
4. Jason Haugen (WASHUM) def. Chirag Dahiya (LUB) 6-2, 7-6 (7-5)
5. D. Sanchez Felipe (LUB) def. J.J. Kroot (WASHUM) 3-6, 6-4, 12-10
6. Daniel Li (WASHUM) def. Lucas Roman (LUB) 6-1, 6-0
• Haugen is 100-53 in his four-year career
• WashU is 125-6 the last 14 years at home under head coach Roger Follmer
• Neves is undefeated this season in singles in dual matches (14-0)
• Lindenwood-Belleville is receiving votes in the NAIA Top-25 Poll
WashU hosts No. 29 Denison University on Saturday, April. 7. The match is set to begin at 1 p.m. at Kings Point Sports Club in Belleville, Ill.